The HBA’s mission is to enhance our members’ ability to meet the housing needs of the general public by providing superior services and benefits to those engaged in the home-building industry.
The purpose of the Association is:
- To operate as a nonprofit organization dedicated to the promotion, advancement and professionalism of the building and associated industries
- To defend against over-regulation of the home-building industry that, which inhibits affordable housing
- To educate our members and nonmembers through training and social activities
- To continue to establish and prescribe industry standards through our registered builder program
- To act as the credible resource and voice of the building industry for the home-buying public, government officials and the associated building trade industries
Code of Ethics
As members of the Home Builders Association of Greater Cleveland, we agree to abide by the following code of ethics:
- Members shall constantly seek to provide better values, so that an even greater share of our people may enjoy the benefits of decent housing and homeownership.
- Members shall at all times contribute their building knowledge to the best interest of those they serve.
- Members shall not obtain any business by means of fraudulent statements or by use of implications unwarranted by fact or reasonable probability.
- Members shall comply both in spirit and letter to rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for health, safety and progress of the community.
- Members shall not perform or cause to be performed any act which would tend to reflect negatively on or bring into disrepute any part of the building industry.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective customers, subcontractors, suppliers and employees.
- Members hold inviolate the free enterprise system of the American way of life and pledge our support to our associates, local, state and national associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
- While maintaining the highest degree of competition, each member agrees that he/she will conscientiously avoid such unprofessional practices that may result in deliberate undermining of another member’s qualifications or reputation for honesty, stability or integrity.