The Online Membership Application
Membership in the Association shall be conditioned upon the following:
- Each member comprised of an entity shall appoint an individual as a representative of the member to the Association, who shall adhere to the high standards of the Association;
- Each member shall maintain membership in the Ohio Home Builders Association (“OHBA”) and the NAHB;
- All members shall abide by the bylaws, policies and code of ethics of the Association; and
- All members shall agree to appropriate disciplinary action that may be taken by the board for a breach of the bylaws, policies or code of ethics of the Association by the member.
- Every applicant for membership must be sponsored by a current member in good standing of the Association.
- The applicant shall submit an application in writing on a form approved by the Association. The applicant shall include with his application payment of all fees and dues as established by the board. Such fees or dues shall be refunded if membership is not approved; however, if the application is withdrawn or the applicant fails to complete the application process, then applicant shall receive a refund less a processing fee.
- Before acceptance of any applicant, the application shall be presented to board for approval. The applicant must receive an affirmative vote of at least a two-thirds (2/3) majority of the trustees (defined below) present at a regular board meeting.
- The board shall have the right to change the classification of any member at any time for just cause, upon providing prior written notice to such member and any opportunity for such member to present to the board a response to such action, in writing, prior to such change.
Term of membership shall be one (1) year, unless otherwise provided in these bylaws.